There are important differences in generators that people need to be aware of. Often people have no idea what type of portable generator they need. There are important difference in generators designed for personal and commercial use.
Residential generators are used mostly as:
- As Emergency backup in power outages to run appliances, and
- For recreational events like camping or tailgating
- Typically, personal use generators run from 1000 to 8000 watts of output, and this is one of the most important considerations.
- To run power tools on job sites where electricity is not available.
- Power cords are more likely to be used with commercial generators
- Commercial generators are used more throughout the year and for longer periods of time
- Typically, commercial generators run from 3000-17000 watts of output.
Watch the following video from Generac generators. For information, purchase or service of your generator, contact J&J Small Engine Clinic.